A High-Value Best-Seller: Wharfedale Diamond 10.2 Bookshelf Loudspeakers Deliver Low-End Authority, Midrange Liquidity, and High-End Smoothness
What can an extra $100 buy you in today's high-end market? In the case of Wharfedale's 10.2 bookshelf speaker, more than you probably think. For starters: Increased bottom end. More extension. A richer midrange. Heightened realism and instrumental accuracy. The big brother to Wharfedale's top-rated 10.1 model, the Wharfedale 10.2 does all this and more. Sporting a larger cabinet and driver, it features all of its smaller sibling's characteristics while delivering extra benefits.
The Power of the Larger Woofer and Strong Cabinet Walls
How does Wharfedale do it? Improving on past award-winning designs, the 10.2 features a soft-dome tweeter custom-made to present clear, high frequencies up to 30kHz. A 6.5-inch woofer and twin rear-firing ports bring up the bottom end and yield magnificent punch. Other enhancements, ranging from a low-profile chassis to stronger cabinet walls and a composite front-baffle panel, all contribute to reduced vibration, lower distortion, and increased rigidity. At Music Direct, we don't expect anything less from a British loudspeaker company that for more than 80 years has prized quality and innovation over all else.
Disappears Into the Surrounding Environment
Visually, the Diamond 10.2 practically disappears into its surrounding environment. Yet, even when you might notice it, you'll adore the elegantly curved cabinets and gorgeous finishes, with the latter available in three equally striking colors. The compact form extends to functionality. On the back, unlike many speakers whose parallel terminals cause problems with or outright prevent connections with thick cables, the 10.2 boasts offset bi-wire terminals that ensure the best-possible connectivity and allow for a wide range of options.
Music Direct Makes Your Decision Easier: Your Satisfaction is Guaranteed
Diamond 10 Features:
Still debating your decision? Music Direct realizes the under-$500 speaker category is quite possibly the most-competitive field in audio. Breathe easier knowing that we promise your satisfaction with our Money-Back Guarantee. We honestly don't think you'll be sending back your 10.2s once you hear them, however. If anything, you might find yourself ordering more pairs to place throughout your house. They're that addicting. And that good.
- Cast aluminum ports, binding post and Tweeter frame for fit and finish at this price point
- Tweeter, Midrange and ports are "locked" together stiffening the front baffle
- Cast aluminum frames for all drivers reduces resonance, improves power handling
- Open back driver design for zero back-wave bleed through the cone
- Kevlar cones for highest stiffness to mass ratio, unheard of at this price point
- Low reflection MSBR surrounds with increased linear driver excursion, improves dynamics and isolates reflections
- Tweeter gets neodymium magnet for high power and ultimate control
- Polypropylene Capacitors on tweeter crossover for silky smooth highs
- Curved side panels reduce panel flex and cancel internal standing waves
- ¾" MDF enclosure for solid impact and dynamics
- Full internal cross-bracing for reduced enclosure vibration
- Poly-fill stuffed enclosures improve bass and midrange performance