Wharfedale Diamond 10.SR Surround Loudspeakers
Save $115 on Wharfedale Diamon 10.SR Surround Loudspeakers: Hear Warmth, Dynamics, Musicality, and Fantastic Multichannel Performance in Even the Most Intimate Spaces
Look closely, and you might notice the Wharfedale Diamond 10.SR surround loudspeakers bear a striking resemblance to the company's outstanding Diamond 10.0 bookshelf speakers. Basically a wall-mount version of the latter, but slightly wider and shallower, 10.SR touts the same warmth, dynamics, and musicality as their bookshelf siblings. Designed to offer fantastic surround sound in intimate confines, 10.SR functions better than in-wall options and are easier to install. A direct-radiating surround model with four-inch bass/midrange drivers and a one-inch silk soft-dome tweeter, 10.SR can be mounted on the wall and provide a range of flexibility for a multitude of uses. Despite the size, 10.SR excels at throwing substantial images into the listening space, and when mated with other Diamond Series speakers, helps comprise an unbeatable home-theater system for a modest price.
Wharfedale's Diamond 10 speaker range builds upon the success of its multi-award-winning predecessors with numerous enhancements. The result is a sound that's crisp, focused and spacious, effortlessly dynamic yet firmly in control. Add the visual appeal of elegantly curved cabinets, enhanced by a choice of three perfectly formed finishes and everything becomes clear: Diamond 10 series is a sparkling jewel in Wharfedale's crown.
- Cast aluminum ports, binding post and tweeter frame for fit and finish at this price point
- Tweeter, midrange and ports are “locked” together stiffening the front baffle
- Cast aluminum frames for all drivers reduces resonance, improves power handling
- Open back driver design for zero back-wave bleed through the cone
- Kevlar cones for highest stiffness to mass ratio, unheard of at this price point
- Low reflection MSBR surrounds with increased linear driver excursion, improves dynamics and isolates reflections
- Tweeter gets neodymium magnet for high power and ultimate control
- Polypropylene capacitors on tweeter crossover for silky smooth highs
- Curved side panels reduce panel flex and cancel internal standing waves
- ¾” MDF enclosure for solid impact and dynamics
- Full internal cross-bracing for reduced enclosure vibration
- Poly-fill-stuffed enclosures improve bass and midrange performance