A Peerless Turntable with Classic Looks and Timeless Performance
The Luxman PD-171 is the powerful heart of any analog playback system. Its high output electronics offer impressive dynamics and resolution. A high torque synchronous AC motor drives a high inertia platter via a synthetic belt for smooth, seamless playback. The precision-machined spindle rests on a wide Teflon bearing to ensure frictionless rotation. The PD-171's statically-balanced custom Luxman tonearm glides smoothly on ball bearings for stable and reliable sound. The universal headshell allows easy cartridge
replacement, and a detachable stylus light unobtrusively enhances visibility in a mood-lit room.
"The music blossomed into the room with stunning presence and lifelike
scale. This was luxurious sound with a beautiful sense of space, natural
attacks, and long, lovely decays."
— Stephen Mejias, Stereophile, CAS 2011
The PD-171 embodies Luxman’s long-standing philosophy: to utilize the most advanced technology through a conventional medium for unrivaled audio performance. The PD-171 reproduces any powerful musical achievement captured onto vinyl with the airiness and warmth that demanding analog enthusiasts have come to expect.
- Electronic circuit based on high output audio amplifier with built-in high precision 32 bit MICON signal generator.
- Belt driven high torque synchronous AC motor
- Equipped with handy LED reflected stroboscope for more accurate speed adjustment and confirmation.
- Milled aluminum platter of 0.7tcm² super high inertia
- Chassis built from 15mm aluminum panels with floating sub-chassis to eliminate structural and airborne vibration
- PD-171 Belt-drive Turntable
- AC inlet on back plate to accommodate detachable mains cables
- Wooden plinth adding a touch of luxury
- Non-resonant universal headshell made of aluminum-magnesium alloy
- Detachable OFC 5-pin DIN → RCA phono cable
- Handy acrylic dust cover of 4mm thickness