Pro-Ject Xpression Carbon Classic Turntable
The Xpression Carbon Classic turntable is the 6th generation of the hi-fi classic Pro-Ject 1, which was presented for the first time in 1991. No other entry-level turntable concept is more audiophile and the current version includes a totally new carbon tone-arm with spin-off "EVO" technology. The innovative gimbal design features a resonance damping counterweight for enhanced performance with any cartridge. The approved belt drive design offers low noise AC motor with effective motor decoupling, ultra precision frequency DC-driven AC generator for ultimate speed stability.
The Xpression Carbon Classic's complex main platter construction cannot be found elsewhere in this price range. Advanced thermo plastic elastomers (TPE) are used in a sandwich construction with aluminum alloy for optimized resonance behavior. The platter bearing axle is made from low tolerance chrome plated stainless steel running on a Teflon bottom in a bronze bearing housing. The plinth is made from low resonance MDF, which is effectively decoupled from structure-born noise by special absorber feet that use TPE technology. As a special feature, this package comes with the outstanding 2M Silver cartridge, which features silver spools for ultimate fidelity. Beside its class-leading sound quality, this turntable convinces with classic elegance and four first-class finish options.
- Belt drive system with synchronous motor
- Main platter bearing made from stainless steel runs in bronze bushing with Teflon bottom
- Heavy aluminum sandwich platter with TPE technology for superior resonance damping
- 8.6" carbon tonearm with Evo Kardan rings
- Resonance damping counterweight design
- Advanced 2M Silver cartridge with silver spools
- Gold-plated RCA interconnect cable
- Special turntable feet for effective decoupling for massively reduced risk of acoustical feedback