Pro-Ject Xtension 12 Turntable
An Elegant Union of Classic Design and Contemporary Features
Pro-Ject's stunning Xtension 12 turntable combines classic elegance and modern innovations for a design unencumbered by standard "budget table" restraints. Weighing in at a hefty 45 lbs., this table's minimal base response is enhanced by recently re-developed magnetic feet for a unique combination of "mass loaded" and "floating turntable" design principals - the chassis is magnetically isolated for absolute minimum vibrational interference. The Xtension 12's resonance-free platter is made from a proprietary alloy of metals for the perfect balance and smooth playback, and an incorporated Pro-Ject Speed Box SE keeps your records spinning with extreme precision.
"Boasting the type of sumptuous finish common to high-end Japanese turntables of the ’70s, Project’s luxurious Xtension assures pride of ownership. Moreover it is completely straightforward to set up, requires no on-going adjustment and proves a pleasure to use. Given its delightful music making – velvety smooth and flowing in this incarnation – it can be highly recommended."
— John Bamford & Paul Miller, HiFi News
A treat for eyes and ears alike, the Xtension 12's three available finishes are as eye-catching as the sound is stunning, and an included dustcover keeps the impeccable finish free from dust and debris. Visually striking and mechanically precise, the Xtension 12 will bring you many years of wonderfully warm, rich music.
The Xtension 12 is available as either a standalone turntable with no cartridge, or as a SuperPack, with the Sumiko Blackbird MC phono cartridge. Select from the menu above.
12cc Evolution Tonearm Features
- Super-heavy 55 Lb mass-loaded magnetic floating belt drive design
- Sorbothane-damped sandwich platter made from special alloy combined with vinyl
- Brass record puck
- Ultra low noise motor highest selection
- Magnet supported, inverted main bearing type block 1 with ceramic thrust-pad
- Integrated Speed Box SE for super-silent motor drive and electronically switchable speed
- Metal-granulate filled plinth for universal damping
- Mass loaded interchangeable armboard
- Height adjustable magnet supported feets for perfect isolation
- Gold-plated RCA phono sockets
- 12" precision tone-arm with carbon-fiber armtube / headshell
- Conical armtube shape voids standing wave reflections
- Inverted bearing design with four hardened ABEC7 spec ball-races
- Solid armbase permits accurate height adjustment of armtube and VTA
- Single-screw fixing of armtube allows rotation for easy adjustment of azimuth
- Highly flexible top-grade copper internal wiring
- Silicon damped tone-armlift
- Resonance optimized Sorbothane® enhanced counterweight construction
- Improved antiskating and tone-arm lift mechanics