Pro-Ject Xtension 9 Turntable
Pro-Ject Xtension 9 incorporates turntable design experience from more than 20 years in a slim-line size to fit standard audio racks. The Xtension 9 chassis is made from MDF filled with metal granulate, for non-resonant high mass. Magnetic feet, which decouple the main plinth from its base, are combined with a weighty total turntable mass. The result is a unique combination of 'mass loaded' and 'floating turntable' design principles. Instead of pure metal for the main platter, an alloy is damped on with thermo plastc elastomers (TPE). Additionally, recycled Vinyl records are fixed to the top (which act as a perfect mat) and bake this 'sandwich' before precision balancing it. The final product subsequently benefits from a wonderfully resonance-free, heavy platter, that runs ultra-silently on an inverted ceramic ball bearing with magnetic suspension. Xtension 9 includes the 9cc Evolution Tonearm and comes complete with a beautiful dustcover.
Xtension 9 is available in a standalone format, or in a SuperPack configuration, coupled with the Sumiko Blue Point EVO III phono cartridge, selectable from the menu above.
- Mass loaded magnetic floating subchassis
- Precision balanced sandwich-platter
- Inverted ceramic ball bearing with magnetic support
- Heavy weight record clamp
- MDF chassis filled with metal granulate with low levels of resonance and high mass
- Electronic speed control 33/45 rpm
- Tonearm 9cc Evolution made from carbon fiber
- Inverted tonearm bearings (ABEC 7 quality)