VPI Classic Signature Turntable
Speed Stability Rivals That of a Master Tape, Dead-Quiet Operation, Grand-Scale Sound, Glorious Musicality: Award-Winning VPI Classic Signature Turntable an Analog Lover's Dream
Experience Gorgeous Dynamics, See-Through Transparency, and Stunning Low-Level Detail From Vinyl LPs with the VPI Classic Signature: USA-Made 'Table Includes 3D Printed Tonearm
Winner of The Absolute Sound's Golden Ear Award and Stereophile's Product of the Year award, the VPI Classic Signature turntable takes to grand sonic heights the state-of-the-art analog design elements that guides VPI's world-famous Classic series. Formerly known as Classic 3, Classic Signature features a half-inch thick aluminum plinth so massive and well-damped, it virtually eliminates resonance. VPI also updated the 'table's tonearm to a high-tech 10" JMW Classic 3D printed arm, one of the sweetest-sounding tonearms available. The 3D printed arm includes large stabilizing side weights, a adjustable counterweight, and copper-shielded internal wiring. Classic Signature also feautres VPI's stainless-steel Record Center Weight, the same fitted as standard equipment on the HRX. Gorgeous and glorious, Classic Signature is an absolute triumph.
"It is a work of art, Harry Weisfeld's best. Amen! Five Stars."
– Harry Pearson, The Absolute Sound
- 20 lb. platter is machined 6061 aluminum and stainless steel with a precision inverted bearing featuring precision of ±0.001" on 39" circumference
- 3D printed tonearm eliminates all metallic resonance, revealing a wealth of information previously unheard and providing an incredibly neutral, natural tonal balance
- Platter bearing uses Thompson Engineering precision shafting with 60 Rockwell hardened and polished ball running on a PEEK thrust disc
- Belt is routed around the platter through the center of the bearing assembly to eliminate teeter-totter effects and noise
- Speed stability on par with a master tape: Rigid motor mounting means there's no random motion to cause speed instabilities
- Feedback rejection lets the Classic sit near four 15" subwoofers and remain virtually free of feedback
- 300RPM precision low-noise, high-torque 24-pole AC synchronous motor is accurate to ±0.0005"
- Elimination of random motion between all parts allows incredible retrieval of low-level information
- Absolutely solid, non-resonating, laminated one-piece chassis is a 2.5"-thick MDF block with ¾" sandwich of aluminum and steel attached to the top, with silicone and long bolts through all the layers
- VPI stainless steel record center weight included standard