999 The Biggest Prize In Sport on Numbered Limited Edition 200g LP
999, named for the British emergency phone number, was among the first wave of punk bands to emerge in 1977 from England’s summer of hate. Fully embodying the anger and frustration of the time, 999 delivered fast, hard-edged pop songs with poignant venomous relevancy that helped carve out that historical musical movement. By 1980’s The Biggest Prize in Sport - often considered the band’s masterpiece - 999 had honed their craft to absolute perfection and that still comes across over 30 years later. For fans of The Buzzcocks, The Clash, The Damned and The Undertones.
• Mastered for vinyl by Masterdisk
• Faithful, updated rendering of original art printed at Stoughton Printing Co.
• Limited foil-numbered edition of 500 200g vinyl copies manufactured for pristine sound at Quality Record Pressings
• Comes in European-style poly bag for protection and durability
999 The Biggest Prize In Sport Track Listing:
2. Inside Out
4. So Long
5. Fun Thing
6. The Biggest Prize in Sport
7. Boys in the Gang
8. Found Out Too Late
10. Stop Stop
11. English Wipe-out