For the first time in more than a generation there are two entirely new vinyl Jerry Lee Lewis Sun LPs to celebrate. Whilst many of the song titles may be well known, each album features no fewer than fourteen recordings which, until now, have never been pressed on vinyl. The first of the two albums, From The Beginning, includes stunningly different versions of songs like "It'll Be Me" and "Put Me Down" together with remarkable 'alternate takes' of Jerry Lee's million selling rock hits from the '50s such as "Whole Lotta Shakin' Goin' On" and "Great Balls Of Fire."
Here is an opportunity to enjoy an authentic 'parallel' listening experience, to complement those precious original LP releases from over fifty years ago. The tracks selected for these new releases are quality recordings previously overlooked in re-issue programs throughout the ensuing decades. They represent the very best of the newly discovered material featured in Jerry Lee Lewis at Sun Records: The Collected Works (What the hell else do you need?), Bear Family's comprehensive 18CD box set issued in November 2015, and all have now been further re-mastered specifically for vinyl.
The LPs will also have a reassuringly familiar look to keen collectors of historic vinyl, with sleeve and label designs which echo those of Jerry Lee's classic original LP releases in Germany. From The Beginning will be available in the Summer of 2017 with I Can't Seem To Say Goodbye following in the Fall.
• 180g vinyl pressing from Bear Family
• 14-tracks available on vinyl for the first time
• Culled from Bear Family's Jerry Lee Lewis at Sun Records: The Collected Works (What the hell else do you need?) 18CD box set
• Mastered specifically for vinyl reproduction
• Sleeve and label design echoing those of Jerry Lee's classic original LP releases in Germany
• Liner notes by Jerry Lee Lewis expert Andrew McRae