Celebrating the 40th Anniversary of one of the most significant soundtracks in film history, Walt Disney Records presents a special collector's edition of the remastered original motion picture soundtrack for Lucasfilm's Star Wars: A New Hope. With a score conducted and composed by 5x Academy Award-winning composer John Williams, the 180g 3LP set also features a 48-page hard cover book. This one-of-a-kind vinyl set, hand etched by Tristan Duke (Jack White's Lazaretto) of Infinity Light Science, offers a 3D hologram experience featuring the Death Star on Disc 3, Side A. For optimal viewing, use a direct light source or simply hold a mobile phone flashlight above the vinyl to view the hologram. Side B features the Star Wars 40th Anniversary logo etched into the vinyl.
The box set also includes rare photos of the film's production and scoring sessions. Additionally, two essays are featured in the hardcover book. Tuning Up a Galaxy written by author Jeff Bond (Danse Macabre: 25 Years of Danny Elfman and Tim Burton, The Music of Star Trek) focuses on the phenomenon of Star Wars and how John Williams' score changed film music forever. John Williams' Journey to Star Wars by Jeff Eldridge discusses Williams' early career – from his musical heritage to his continuing legacy. Williams is well known for scoring all eight of the Star Wars saga films, beginning with 1977's Star Wars: A New Hope for which he earned an Academy Award for Best Original Score. His score for Star Wars: The Force Awakens was also nominated for an Oscar.
• 40th Anniversary special collector's 180g 3LP edition of the remastered original motion picture soundtrack
• Hand etched by Tristan Duke of Infinity Light Science with a 3D hologram experience featuring the Death Star on Disc 3, Side A
• Side B features the Star Wars 40th Anniversary logo etched into the vinyl
• 48-page hard cover book
• Rare photos of the film's production and scoring sessions
• Two essays including Tuning Up a Galaxy written by author Jeff Bond and John Williams' Journey to Star Wars by Jeff Eldridge