Little Richard is regarded as one of the wildest and most influential rock 'n' rollers of all time. The Explosive Little Richard is his mid-60s comeback album and his first LP under the label of the revitalized Columbia subsidiary, OKeh. Produced by Larry Williams and Johnny 'Guitar' Watson, it reflects the popular soul sounds of the time. Little Richard had gone full throttle for the powerful Northern soul thang. This set contains some of the finest up-tempo soul anthems ever recorded, including "I Don't Want To Discuss It," "Money" and "Get Down And Get With It." Bear Family's gatefold 180g 2LP set contains the original vinyl LP album (sides A and B), augmented with a second longplayer which runs at 45rpm containing outtakes, non-LP tracks and a late 1966 London session, all appearing on vinyl for the first time. Previously unpublished photos and new liner notes by Chicago soul aficionado Bill Dahl are added for maximum explosivity!
• Little Richard's mid-60s comeback album, augmented with several masters previously unissued on vinyl
• Essential 1960s Northern soul classic, originally released in early 1967 on OKeh Records
• Produced by Larry Williams and Johnny 'Guitar' Watson
• Original LP album on 180g vinyl plus bonus 12" 45rpm album containing original non-album tracks and outtakes
• Deluxe 2LP set with gatefold sleeve, new liner notes and previously unpublished photos
• Carefully remastered