Colored 180g 2LP-Set Gathers All Of Luna's Elektra-Era Cover-Songs, Many Unreleased On Vinyl; Sourced from the Original Masters with Lacquers Cut At Sam Phillips Recording Studio
Each month, Run Out Groove allows fans to vote on the label's next high-quality vinyl pressing, chosen from selections of unreleased material, reissues of out-of-print titles, or brand new collections compiled from the Warner Music vault. Fans rallied and voted Luna's Lunafied, to be the next official limited and numbered Run Out Groove title.
One of the most influential and beloved indie rock bands of the 1990s, Luna craft melodic dreamy pop led by singer and guitarist, Dean Wareham. Formed in 1991, Luna came together after Wareham dissolved his first band, Galaxie 500, and then signed with Elektra. Over their storied career they have become known for performing and recording cover songs, many of which have been included on rare import singles or have never been available on vinyl.
"We recorded a whole lot of covers in the 1990s, it was a big part of what we did as a band, usually as we were finishing one of our albums – but you'd have to spend a lot of money on eBay to track down all those obscure B-sides on 7" or CD singles" said Dean, who has provided creative assistance in assembling the new covers collection. "Now all these songs are collected on vinyl for the first time ever in a 2xLP set with beautiful artwork by Abelardo Morell."
Collecting all of Luna's Elektra-era cover songs on one full length release, the 2LP set will be pressed on 180g colored vinyl. Sourced from the original masters with lacquers cut at Sam Phillips Recording Studio, it will come housed in a beautiful gatefold tip-on Stoughton jacket featuring incredible camera obscura photos from Abelardo Morell and original design by Frank Olinsky.
• Colored 180g 2LP-set from Run Out Groove
• New collection includes all of Luna's Elektra-era cover-songs, many unreleased on vinyl
• Creative assistance from Dean Wareham
• Features many out of print and rare tracks originally released as singles outside the US, collected for the first time on a full length record
• Sourced from the original masters with lacquers cut at Sam Phillips Recording Studio
• Pressed at Record Industry in the Netherlands
• Deluxe gatefold tip-on Stoughton sleeve with original packaging design by Frank Olinsky
• Each 2LP set comes numbered and strictly limited