Neil Young's Tuscaloosa: Live with the Stray Gators Features 11 Previously Unreleased Tracks from 1973: LP Mastered from the Original Analog Tapes by Chris Bellman at Bernie Grundman Studios
Neil Young'sTuscaloosa: Live features 11 previously unreleased tracks culled from a February 5, 1973 performance at the University of Alabama with his band the Stray Gators – bassist Tim Drummond, drummer Kenny Buttrey, pianist Jack Nitzsche and steel guitarist Ben Keith – who backed the iconic singer/songwriter on his landmark efforts Harvest and Time Fades Away. Tuscaloosa: Live features live versions of songs from Young's eponymous 1968 debut ("Here We Are In The Years") plus classics from his two biggest selling albums, 1970's After The Gold Rush ("After the Gold Rush") and 1972's Harvest ("Harvest," "Heart of Gold," "Old Man," "Out On The Weekend," "Alabama"). Also included are cuts from Neil's live album Time Fades Away ("Time Fades Away," "Don't Be Denied") which would be released later in 1973 and songs from fellow catalog favorite Tonight's The Night ("Lookout Joe," "New Mama") which wouldn't be issued until 1975. Tuscaloosa: Live was produced by Neil Young and Elliot Mazer, mixed by John Hanlon, and mastered by Chris Bellman at Bernie Grundman from the original analogue tapes.
• Vinyl 2LP with an etching on the D-Side
• Archival February 5, 1973 performance at the University of Alabama with The Stray Gators featuring bassist Tim Drummond, drummer Kenny Buttrey, pianist Jack Nitzsche & steel guitarist Ben Keith
• Featuring 11 previously unreleased tracks
• Produced by Neil Young and Elliot Mazer
• Mixed by John Hanlon
• Mastered by Chris Bellman at Bernie Grundman from the original analogue tapes