Half-Speed Remastered and Cut To Lacquers at 33rpm on Heavyweight 180g Vinyl
Peter Gabriel's self-titled debut album, affectionately known as CAR, due to the iconic Hipgnosis designed cover has been half-speed remastered and cut to lacquers at 33rpm, on heavyweight 180g LP. Vinyl cut by Matt Colton at Alchemy Mastering, mastered by Tony Cousins at Metropolis and overseen by Peter's main sound engineer Richard Chappell. Sleeve artwork and inner bag as per the original vinyl release. Albums also include choice of digital download (Hi-Res 24/96k or 16/44.1k).
Having left Genesis in the summer of 1976, Peter Gabriel's first solo album arrived in February 1977. He was 26. With legendary producer Bob Ezrin taking charge, the intention was to make a more direct and tougher record: something different from what he had ever done before. The record also provided one of Peter's most recognizable songs in the shape of "Solsbury Hill."
"I really wanted the first record to be different from what I'd done with Genesis so we were trying to do things in different styles. A bit of barbershop, which Tony Levin helped with, there were more bluesy things, a variety of songs and arrangements that were consciously trying to provide something different than what I'd done before." - Peter Gabriel
• Heavyweight 180g vinyl reissue
• Half-speed remastered and cut to lacquers at 33rpm
• Vinyl cut by Matt Colton at Alchemy Mastering
• Mastered by Tony Cousins at Metropolis
• Overseen by Peter's main sound engineer Richard Chappell
• Sleeve artwork and inner bag as per the original vinyl release
• Includes choice of digital download (Hi-Res 24/96k or 16/44.1k)