Half-Speed Remastered and Cut To Lacquers at 33rpm on Heavyweight 180g Vinyl
Peter Gabriel's self-titled third solo album, affectionately known as MELT, due to the iconic Hipgnosis designed cover has been half-speed remastered and cut to lacquers at 33RPM, on heavyweight 180g LP. Vinyl cut by Matt Colton at Alchemy Mastering, mastered by Tony Cousins at Metropolis and overseen by Peter's main sound engineer Richard Chappell. Sleeve artwork and inner bag as per the original vinyl release. Albums also include choice of digital download (Hi-Res 24/96k or 16/44.1k).
Produced by Steve Lillywhite, Peter Gabriel's third solo outing and first of the '80s saw him change his writing style; now the rhythm came before the melody and the songs were built up on top of the rhythmic sequences. The album delivered a top 5 UK single in "Games Without Frontiers" and Peter's first overtly political song in the shape of totemic closer "Biko." It also features notable contributions from Kate Bush, Paul Weller, Phil Collins and David Rhodes.
"I think that the third album was quite important for me in terms of really having a defining sound and the band coming through. It was the first record where I was clearly doing something different from what other people were doing." - Peter Gabriel
• Heavyweight 180g vinyl reissue
• Half-speed remastered and cut to lacquers at 33rpm
• Vinyl cut by Matt Colton at Alchemy Mastering
• Mastered by Tony Cousins at Metropolis
• Overseen by Peter's main sound engineer Richard Chappell
• Sleeve artwork and inner bag as per the original vinyl release
• Includes choice of digital download (Hi-Res 24/96k or 16/44.1k)