Half-Speed Remastered and Cut To Lacquers at 33rpm on Heavyweight 180g Vinyl
Peter Gabriel's self-titled fourth solo album, affectionately known as SECURITY, has been half-speed remastered and cut to lacquers at 33RPM, on heavyweight 180g LP. Vinyl cut by Matt Colton at Alchemy Mastering, mastered by Tony Cousins at Metropolis and overseen by Peter's main sound engineer Richard Chappell. Sleeve artwork and inner bag as per the original vinyl release. Albums also include choice of digital download (Hi-Res 24/96k or 16/44.1k).
Co-produced by Peter Gabriel and David Lord this 1982 effort is the first album where he really immersed himself in the music of distant lands and cultures. It was also his first fully digital recording. These two elements created a deeply effective soldering-together of futurism and generations-old tradition. The single "Shock The Monkey" became Peter's first top 30 hit on the Billboard Hot 100.
"Four, in some ways, was a more home-produced album, partly because it was the first one in my own studio. Initially, we had a mobile outside the farm building and then gradually built a studio as we went along...On that record, ‘Shock The Monkey' is probably one of the better-known tracks. Most people saw that as a sort of animal rights song, but it wasn't actually, it was a song about jealousy." - Peter Gabriel
• Heavyweight 180g vinyl reissue
• Half-speed remastered and cut to lacquers at 33rpm
• Vinyl cut by Matt Colton at Alchemy Mastering
• Mastered by Tony Cousins at Metropolis
• Overseen by Peter's main sound engineer Richard Chappell
• Sleeve artwork and inner bag as per the original vinyl release
• Includes choice of digital download (Hi-Res 24/96k or 16/44.1k)