Half-Speed Remastered and Cut To Lacquers at 33rpm on Heavyweight 180g Vinyl
The final part of the two-letter, single-syllable trilogy, Peter Gabriel's UP has been half-speed remastered and cut to lacquers at 33RPM, on heavyweight 180g 2LP. Vinyl cut by Matt Colton at Alchemy Mastering, mastered by Tony Cousins at Metropolis and overseen by Peter's main sound engineer Richard Chappell. Sleeve artwork and inner bag as per the original vinyl release. Albums also include choice of digital download (Hi-Res 24/96k or 16/44.1k).
2002's UP reveals itself to be another deeply personal statement with birth and death being near constant themes: it is what Peter calls a "book-end" record. Mostly recorded at Real World Studios the album came from hundreds of hours of recordings ultimately slimmed down to ten tracks. It was produced by Peter and mixed by Tchad Blake and Stephen Hague. The album also sees contributions from the likes of Peter Green, Danny Thompson, the Blind Boys of Alabama, Daniel Lanois, the Black Dyke Band, Peter's daughter Melanie and the late, great Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan.
"I think some bits [of this record] are personal and some bits are less specific about relationships and more observations on life really. I would say it's less relationship focused but still quite a personal album." - Peter Gabriel
• Heavyweight 180g 2LP reissue
• Half-speed remastered and cut to lacquers at 33rpm
• Vinyl cut by Matt Colton at Alchemy Mastering
• Mastered by Tony Cousins at Metropolis
• Overseen by Peter's main sound engineer Richard Chappell
• Sleeve artwork and inner bag as per the original vinyl release
• Includes choice of digital download (Hi-Res 24/96k or 16/44.1k)