Half-Speed Remastered and Cut To Lacquers at 33rpm on Heavyweight 180g Vinyl
Peter Gabrie's trilogy of two-letter word titled albums, So, US and UP, available again in their original LP configuration. Half-speed remastered and cut to lacquers at 33RPM, US is being issued on double heavyweight vinyl cut by Matt Colton at Alchemy Mastering, mastered by Tony Cousins at Metropolis and overseen by Peter's main sound engineer Richard Chappell. Sleeve artwork and inner bags as per the original vinyl releases. Also contains a download card with a choice of digital download (Hi-Res 24bit or 16bit).
1992's US, which was released six years after the phenomenally successful So, was, at that time, arguably Gabriel's most personal record yet as he stepped into the confessional to explore and dissect many of the relationship issues he was then experiencing. But US is far from just being bleakly introspective featuring several songs that have gone on to be amongst the most cherished in the Gabriel songbook.
The album also continued the now well-established Gabriel motif of mixing high technology with decidedly analogue contributions from musicians from West Africa, Egypt and Armenia. Reunited with Daniel Lanois as co-producer, Peter extends the hand of collaboration to Led Zeppelin's John Paul Jones, Brian Eno, Peter Hammill and Sinead O'Connor.
• Heavyweight 180g vinyl reissue
• Half-speed remastered and cut to lacquers at 33rpm
• Vinyl cut by Matt Colton at Alchemy Mastering
• Mastered by Tony Cousins at Metropolis
• Overseen by Peter's main sound engineer Richard Chappell
• Sleeve artwork and inner bag as per the original vinyl release
• Includes choice of digital download (Hi-Res 24/96k or 16/44.1k)