Remastered from the Original Master Tape and Cut at 33 1/3 RPM by Ryan Smith at Sterling Sound
RCA Living Stereo classical LPs are the gold standard for top quality orchestral performance and sound! Analogue Productions' RCA Living Stereo Reissue Series No. 2 presents another 25 newly remastered classical titles which will delight and astound music buffs with unbelievable clarity and tonal richness. As with AP's highly-regarded LSC series, shortcomings of previous editions have been improved upon – from the mastering, to the LP pressing, to the sharp-looking glossy heavyweight Stoughton Printing tip-on jackets that faithfully duplicate the original artwork, "Living Stereo" logo, "Shaded Dog" label and all!
Famed pianist Van Cliburn and the Chicago Symphony Orchestra perform concertos by Sergei Prokofiev (Concerto No. 3 In C, Op. 26) and Edward MacDowell (Concerto No. 2 In D Minor, Op. 23) under the baton of Walter Hendl. Throughout his career, Cliburn's recordings possessed a large-scale grandeur and he was certainly at his best in the Romantic repertoire. Mastered by Ryan K. Smith at Sterling Sound from the original 3-track master tapes, cut at 33 1/3, and plated and pressed at Quality Record Pressings - no other editions match these for the quietest 200-gram platters available. This title is also available on Hybrid Stereo SACD.
Sergei Prokofiev / Edward MacDowell, composer
Walter Hendl, conductor
Van Cliburn, piano
Chicago Symphony Orchestra
• Analogue Productions' RCA Living Stereo Reissue Series No. 2
• Remastered from the original master tape and cut at 33 1/3 RPM by Ryan Smith at Sterling Sound
• Lacquers plated by Gary Salstrom and pressed on 200-gram vinyl at Quality Record Pressings
• Glossy heavyweight Stoughton Printing tip-on jacket faithfully duplicating the original artwork
• Also available on Hybrid Stereo SACD