200g Vinyl Pressing Mastered by Kevin Gray at Cohearant Audio
This charming 1988 collection of distinct duets finds bass aficionado Rob Wasserman joined by revered vocalists like Aaron Neville, Rickie Lee Jones, Bobby McFerrin, Lou Reed, Jennifer Warnes, Dan Hicks, Cheryl Bentyne and Stephane Grappelli. The experimental release pairs the human voice with the bass guitar, resulting in a collection of singular and soulful collaborations. Unlike much of modern music, where vocals are squelched and compression molded into something of an afterthought, Wasserman sought to create a true music record – without technology interfering. "It's kinda like being in a club. It lets you get closer to the song," Wasserman says. Not surprisingly, Duets ranks among the most breathtaking collections of popular songs issued in the '80s and it sounds better than ever on this new 200g vinyl pressing from Analogue Productions, remixed from the analog multi tracks by Joe Gastwirt and Rob Wasserman, and mastered by Kevin Gray at Cohearant Audio.
• 200g vinyl from Analogue Productions
• 33 1/3 rpm speed LP
• Remixed from analog multi tracks to 88.2/24 by Joe Gastwirt and Rob Wasserman
• Mastered by Kevin Gray at Cohearant Audio
• Pressed at Quality Record Pressings
• Heavy cardboard stock packaging featuring 'Old-School' tip-on gatefold sleeves