Remastered from the Original Master Tape and Cut at 33 1/3 RPM by Ryan Smith at Sterling Sound
RCA Living Stereo classical LPs are the gold standard for top quality orchestral performance and sound! Analogue Productions' RCA Living Stereo Reissue Series No. 2 presents another 25 newly remastered classical titles which will delight and astound music buffs with unbelievable clarity and tonal richness. As with AP's highly-regarded LSC series, shortcomings of previous editions have been improved upon – from the mastering, to the LP pressing, to the sharp-looking glossy heavyweight Stoughton Printing tip-on jackets that faithfully duplicate the original artwork, "Living Stereo" logo, "Shaded Dog" label and all!
Cellist Daniel Shafran and pianist Lydia Pecherskaya perform Dmitri Shostakovich's Cello Sonata, Op 40 and Franz Schubert's Sonata In A Minor, ["Arpeggione"]. Opulent musicianship, incandescent phrasing, febrile poetry and more mark this as a referential cult album by the album's dedicated fans. Mastered by Ryan K. Smith at Sterling Sound from the original 3-track master tapes, cut at 33 1/3, and plated and pressed at Quality Record Pressings - no other editions match these for the quietest 200-gram platters available. This title is also available on Hybrid Stereo SACD.
Dmitri Shostakovich / Franz Schubert, composer
Daniel Shafran, cello
Lydia Pecherskaya, piano
• Analogue Productions' RCA Living Stereo Reissue Series No. 2
• Remastered from the original master tape and cut at 33 1/3 RPM by Ryan Smith at Sterling Sound
• Lacquers plated by Gary Salstrom and pressed on 200-gram vinyl at Quality Record Pressings
• Glossy heavyweight Stoughton Printing tip-on jacket faithfully duplicating the original artwork
• Also available on Hybrid Stereo SACD