Bizet - Carmen And L'Arlesienne Suite - Ansermet on Numbered Limited Edition 180g 45RPM 2LP from ORG Music
Mastered by Bernie Grundman from the Original Analog Master Tapes / Pressed at RTI
Numbered Limited Edition of 2500 Copies
Ernest Ansermet conducts L'Orchestre de la Suisse Romande in 1958 performances of French composer Georges Bizet's Carmen and L'Arlesienne Suites.
The Carmen Suite was assembled after Bizet’s death and brought the operatic masterpiece into the concert hall. The overture is fresh and rousing, the toreador theme marches in proudly and purposefully, followed by the destiny motif in the minor key which burns itself into ones ear and mind. With every bar it becomes obvious that this suite is not so much a series of excerpts but rather the true substance of its creator’s musical ideas.
All that remained of the five-act play L’Arlésienne after its unsuccessful premiere was Bizet’s incidental music, which he himself orchestrated lavishly and premiered with success. Similar to Carmen, popular melodies are treated with the composer’s own unique style to make them ageless, and Ernest Ansermet and his orchestra stages them delightfully for all eternity!
Georges Bizet (composer)
Ernest Ansermet (conductor)
L'Orchestre de la Suisse Romande
Bizet - Carmen And L'Arlesienne Suite - Ansermet Track Listing:
1. Carmen Suite - Prelude, Act 1
2. Carmen Suite - Prelude, Act 4 (Aragonaise)
3. Carmen Suite - Prelude, Act 3 (Intermezzo)
4. Carmen Suite - Prelude, Act 2 (Les Dragons D'Alcala)
5. Carmen Suite - Scene Des Contrabandiers (Act 3)
6. Carmen Suite - Habanera (Act 1)
7. Carmen Suite - La Garde Monante (Act 1)
8. Carmen Suite - Danse: Boheme (Act 2)
9. L'Arlisienne Suite - Prelude
10. L'Arlisienne Suite - Minuetto
11. L'Arlisienne Suite - Adagietto
12. L'Arlisienne Suite - Carillon
13. L'Arlisienne Suite - Minuet
14. L'Arlisienne Suite - Farandole