Blind Willie Johnson The Rough Guide To Blues Legends: Blind Willie Johnson on 180g LP + Download Card
Blind Willie Johnson was a fire-and-brimstone guitar evangelist who played sacred songs so mean that his legacy has gone down in blues history. A key influence on the likes of Ry Cooder, Eric Clapton and Muddy Waters, revel in the mesmerizing bottleneck guitar playing of the Texas blues preacher on remastered classics such as "Dark Was The Night," "Cold Was The Ground," "God Moves On The Water" and "It's Nobody's Fault But Mine."
One of the most revered and iconic musical figures of depression-era gospel/blues music and arguably the greatest slide/bottleneck guitarist that ever lived, Blind Willie Johnson's songs have been covered by such music luminaries as Led Zeppelin, Bob Dylan, Grateful Dead and the White Stripes. 180g vinyl pressing with accompanying download card from the World Music Network.
Blind Willie Johnson The Rough Guide To Blues Legends: Blind Willie Johnson Track Listing:
1. God Moves On The Water
2. Dark Was The Night, Cold Was The Ground
3. Keep Your Lamp Trimmed And Burning
4. Jesus Make Up My Dying Bed
5. John The Revelator
6. It’s Nobody’s Fault But Mine
7. I Know His Blood Can Make Me Whole
8. Mother’s Children Have A Hard Time
9. You’re Gonna Need Somebody On Your Bond
10. Lord I Just Can’t Keep From Crying
11. God Don’t Never Change
12. Bye And Bye I’m Going To See The King