Bob Marley And The Wailers Legend: Remixed on 2LP
Iconic Album Remixed by Music's Most Innovative DJs & Producers including both Ziggy and Stephen Marley!!
For the first time, Bob Marley And The Wailers' iconic 1984 album, Legend, is being re-imagined for Legend Remixed, an inspired new spin on the reggae classic to be released by Island/Tuff Gong/UME. Legend's 16 tracks have been remixed by music's top DJs/producers.
Included in the cohesive new set are tracks by ten time Grammy winner Stephen Marley, Pretty Lights, Thievery Corporation, Jason Bentley, Z-Trip with Lee "Scratch" Perry, Photek, My Morning Jacket's Jim James, Roni Size, RAC, Beats Antique, Nickodemus & Zeb, as well as a new rendition remix of "Redemption Song" by five-time Grammy Award winning reggae artist, Ziggy Marley. The fourth track on the album, "Three Little Birds," was remixed by Stephen Marley and DJ/producer Jason Bentley.
Bob Marley and The Wailers' Legend is the world's best-selling reggae album with global sales exceeding 40 million copies, including more than 14 million in the U.S. alone. The RIAA Diamond-certified album holds the distinction of being the second longest-charting album in the history of Billboard magazine, second only to Pink Floyd's The Dark Side Of The Moon. In 2003, Rolling Stone ranked Legend at No. 46 on its "500 Greatest Albums of All Time" list.
Bob Marley remains one of the 20th century's most important and influential entertainment icons. Marley's lifestyle and music continue to inspire new generations as his legacy lives on through his music. In the digital era, he has the second-highest social media following of any posthumous celebrity, with the official Bob Marley Facebook page drawing more than 42 million fans, ranking it among the Top 25 of all Facebook pages and Top 10 among celebrity pages.
Since 1992, Marley's music catalog has sold more than 77 million albums worldwide and his accolades include inductions into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame (1994) and ASCAP Songwriters Hall of Fame (2010), a Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award (2001), multiple entries in the Grammy Hall Of Fame, and a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame (2001).
Bob Marley And The Wailers Legend: Remixed Track Listing:
1. Is This Love (Jason Bentley Remix)
2. No Woman No Cry (Stephen Marley Remix)
3. Could You Be Loved (RAC Remix)
4. Three Little Birds (Stephen Marley and Jason Bentley Remix)
5. Buffalo Soldier (Stephen Marley Remix)
6. Get Up Stand Up (Thievery Corporation Remix)
7. Stir It Up (Ziggy Marley Remix)
8. Easy Skanking (Stephen Marley Remix)
9. One Love/People Get Ready (Photek Remix)
10. I Shot The Sheriff (Roni Size Remix)
11. Waiting In Vain (Jim James Remix)
12. Redemption Song (Ziggy Marley Remix)
13. Satisfy My Soul (Beats Antique Remix)
14. Exodus (Pretty Lights Remix)
15. Jamming (Nickodemus & Zeb Remix)
16. Punky Reggae Party (Z-Trip Remix featuring Lee "Scratch" Perry)