Chef: Selections From The Original Soundtrack on LP + Download
Featuring a Song Selection by KRCW's Mathieu Schreyer
Jon Favreau is back in the writer/actor/director chair with Chef, his latest film concoction. It is a return to his indie roots peppered with appearances from close friends such as Robert Downey Jr., Dustin Hoffman, Scarlett Johansson and the irresistible Sofia Vergara.
Inspired by foodie gems like Eat, Drink, Man, Woman, Big Night and Anthony Bourdain's Kitchen Confidential, Favreau has made a shaggy dog story about a creatively frustrated chef who opens a food truck after losing his restaurant job. He hits the road with his sous chef (John Leguizamo) and his 11-year old son (Emjay Anthony), making beautifully-filmed pit stops in foodie meccas along the way.
The soundtrack with a song selection by KCRW's own Mathieu Schreyer perfectly mirrors the film's road trip. Each town has its signature food and unique sound. Salsa-infused Miami, the unmistakable brass band groove in New Orleans, cowboy music from Austin and a hip-hop potluck in Los Angeles.
In the words of Variety's Joe Leydon: "The eclectic mix of musical selections chosen by music supervisor Mathieu Schreyer could encourage many ticket-buyers to rush home and [get] the entire soundtrack."
Chef: Selections From The Original Soundtrack Track Listing:
1. I Like It Like That - Pete Rodriguez
2. Lucky Man - Courtney John
3. El Michels Affair - C.R.E.A.M - El Michels Affair
4. Que Se Sepa - Roberto Roena
5. Sexual Healing - Hot 8 Brass Band
6. Mi Swing Es Tropical (feat. Tempo & The Candela Allstars) - Quantic & Nickodemus
7. West Coast Poplock - Ronnie Hudson and the Street People
8. A Message To You Rudy - Grant Phabao, The Lone Ranger & Carlton Livingston
9. Cavern - Liquid Liquid
10. Homenaje A Beny More (Castellano Que Bueno Baila Usted) - Gente De Zona