Daft Punk Alive 1997 + Alive 2007 on Colored 180g 4LP Box Set + 50-Page Book + Download
From iconic and critically acclaimed Grammy award–winning French duo Daft Punk's first single release in 1993, Guy-Manuel de Homem-Christo and Thomas Bangalter were hailed as a new breed of electronic music innovators. Following their seminal debut Homework (1997), the band has gone on to release three more studio albums - Discovery (2001), Human After All (2005) and Random Access Memories (2013) plus the two live albums Alive 1997 and Alive 2007 - winning both critical and popular acclaim throughout the world.
Following the groundswell of their critically acclaimed and chart topping 2013 album Random Access Memories which made them the first act in Grammy History to win Album of the Year and Best Dance/Electronica Album, Daft Punk is issuing, Alive 1997 + Alive 2007, an elaborate colored 180g 4LP box set which includes their two live albums Alive 1997 and Alive 2007, Alive 2007 bonus LP, 50-page hardcover book, replica Alive 2007 VIP concert pass and download for the whole nine yards.
The idea for Daft Punk's first live album, Alive 1997, began when the duo happened upon a live recording captured from a stellar performance in Birmingham, UK in November 1997 during their first European tour. After listening to the recording, they decided that it was their best live performance ever and wanted to share it with fans worldwide. Issued in 2001, Alive 1997 is comprised of 45 minutes of non-stop live mixing that showcases the duo's unique and influential DJ style.
Recorded at Palais Omnisports de Paris-Bercy in June 2007, Daft Punk's second live set, the Grammy award winning Alive 2007, is finally being offered on vinyl for the very first time. An innovatively sequenced virtual greatest hits package, Alive 2007 includes ingenious productions of such definitive Daft Punk fare as "One More Time," "Da Funk," "Around The World," "Harder Better Faster Stronger," "Television Rules The Nation," "Crescendolls" and "Alive."
• Alive 1997 same as the original LP with stickers. Silver 180g vinyl - Slip mat with Daft Punk logo (black with phosphorescent ink)
• Alive 2007 double LP in a triple gatefold (clear cyan vinyl 180g)
• Alive 2007 Bonus LP. Face A "Human After All/Together/One More Time (cover)/Music Sounds Better With You" (without LP label). Face B etched Alive 2007 logo on a clear cyan vinyl
• Alive 2007 book in LP format, hard cover, 50 pages. (The front packshot will be the same as Alive 2007 double LP)
• Alive 2007 VIP pass
• Download card with: Alive 2007 + Bonus + "Harder Better Faster Stronger" live video (same as the collector edition CD of Alive 2007) + Alive 1997 (A single code would allow the consumer to have access to these albums and the bonus content)