Eric Clapton The Live Album Collection 1970-1980 on 180g 6LP Box Set
The spring of 2016 sees the release of all of Eric Clapton's live albums from his recording period with Polydor/RSO from the years 1970-1980. A vinyl-only title, it is a companion set to the January, vinyl-only box set release of all of his Polydor/RSO solo studio albums spanning the same period.
Similarly, each album here has been newly remastered and pressed on heavyweight vinyl. Capturing live concerts in New York, California, Rhode Island, Tokyo and London, the collection includes Eric Clapton's 1973 concert at London's Rainbow with an all-star line-up featuring Pete Townshend, Steve Winwood, Ronnie Wood and Jim Capaldi.
Eric Clapton, who recently celebrated his 70th year, needs little by way of introduction, as a renowned solo artist in his own right as well as a member of the Yardbirds, Cream and Derek and the Dominos. He is the only three-time inductee to the Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame and is one of the most important and influential guitarists of all time. He has been the recipient of 17 Grammy Awards, 1 Brit Award and 1 Bafta.
Eric Clapton The Live Album Collection 1970-1980 Contents:
Derek & The Dominos – Derek & The Dominos In Concert
- Live double album, recorded in 1970, released in October 1973
- Recorded at the Fillmore East in New York
- Featuring "Why Soes Love Got To Be So Sad," "Let It Rain" and "Bottle Of Red Wine" amongst others
Eric Clapton - Rainbow Concert
- Recorded at London's Rainbow Theatre in January 1973
- All star line up includes Pete Townshend, Steve Winwood, Ronnie Wood and Jim Capaldi
- First live performance where Eric used his famous Stratocaster guitar "Blackie"
- Featuring "Badge," "Presence Of The Lord" and "Pearly Queen" amongst others
Eric Clapton – E.C. Was Here
- Recorded in 1974 & 1975 at the Long Beach Arena, California, London's Hammersmith Odeon and the Providence Civic Centre, Rhode Island
- Peaked #14 in the UK chart and #20 in the US Billboard chart
- Featuring "Have You Ever Loved A Woman" and "Drifting Blues" amongst others
Eric Clapton – Just One Night
- Recorded at the Budokan Theatre, Tokyo, Japan in 1979 and released in 1980
- Certified gold, the album reached #2 in the US and #3 in the UK
- Featuring "Cocaine," "Rambling On My Mind" and "Wonderful Tonight" amongst others