Frank Cordell Khartoum (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) on Limited Edition Colored 180g 45RPM 2LP + CD + Download
"Of all the British composers, Frank has that rare ability to make complex ideas look simple...believe me, they're not!" – composer Bernard Herrmann (Vertigo, Psycho, Taxi Driver) on Frank Cordell. For the first time ever, Cordell's superlative and rousing music for the epic Julian C. Blaustein Production comes to record stores in 2016 – when Khartoum is released in a Super-Deluxe soundtrack package by Stylotone working closely with the composer's family, The Frank Cordell Estate and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Music Inc.
The Original Motion Picture Soundtrack composed and conducted by Cordell for Khartoum has been assembled, mastered and cut at London's world famous Abbey Road Studios to produce a stunning new master. The audio for this release has been overseen from start to finish by Grammy-winning engineer Sean Magee, a member of the team that remastered The Beatles catalogue in 2007 – he was also personally responsible for cutting their recent mono and stereo vinyl editions.
This Super-Deluxe Edition package has been produced to the absolute highest possible standard as if it had been released at the same time as the film, using manufacturers who are able to produce all the parts on exactly the same machines as used in the 1960s.
• 2 x sandstorm colored 180g heavyweight 12" vinyl LP cut at 45rpm
• Vinyl replica CD, housed in a spot-varnished scale-copy of the gatefold sleeve.
• 30" x 40" (762mm x 1016mm) British quad film poster
• Certificate of authenticity personally signed by Mrs. Anja Cordell, the composer's widow
• Writer and director James Dearden – son of the film's director – offers a personal insight into the making of this British Empire epic
• Download card offering exclusive access to high-resolution 24-bit WAV and 320kbps CBR MP3 digital downloads of the entire deluxe soundtrack package