Gene Clark Two Sides To Every Story on Numbered 180g LP + 16-Page Book + Download
Long Out of Print!
Remastered by Dan Hersch / Mastered for Vinyl by Doug Sax
Two Sides To Every Story, the criminally long out-of-print solo album from founding Byrds member, Gene Clark, finally returns to vinyl. 35 years after its initial 1977 release on RSO. High Moon Records re-mastered, 180-gram audiophile vinyl pressing is presented in stunningly rich and crisp audio fidelity that will shed new light on this underrated, beautifully-crafted Gene Clark classic.
The album was helmed by Thomas Jefferson Kaye, producer of Clark’s masterpiece, No Other, and features an all–star cast of musical co-conspirators: singer Emmylou Harris, banjo-virtuoso Douglas Dillard (The Byrds, Dillard & Clark), country violin legend Byron Berline, guitarist Jeff “Skunk” Baxter (Doobie Brothers, Steely Dan, Joni Mitchell), and pedal-steel ace Al Perkins (Flying Burrito Brothers, Bob Dylan, Rolling Stones).
Gene Clark served as The Byrds chief songwriter in the mid-60s, penning some of their most essential songs, including “Feel a Whole Lot Better,” “Eight Miles High” and “You Showed Me.” Clark’s inimitable songwriting has inspired and influenced countless artists including Robert Plant and Alison Krauss (who recorded two of his compositions on their 2010 Grammy winning Album Of The Year, Raising Sand), Bob Dylan, Fairport Convention, REM, Tom Petty, Yo La Tengo, the Flamin’ Groovies, Teenage Fanclub, and Wilco.
• 180-gram vinyl LP, packaged in state-of-the-art tip-on sleeve with 11” x 11” full-color 16-page book
• Bonus tracks included on an exclusive High Moon Records download card
• Liner notes by John Einarson, author of the acclaimed Gene Clark biography, Mr. Tambourine Man
• Never-before-seen Two Sides To Every Story album session photos by Rock & Roll Hall of Fame photographer Ed Caraeff
• Meticulously re-mastered by multi-Grammy Award nominee Dan Hersch (Paul Simon, the Kinks, The Cars)
• Mastered for vinyl by multi-Grammy Award winner Doug Sax (Pink Floyd, Rolling Stones, The Who)
Gene Clark Two Sides To Every Story Track Listing:
1. Home Run King
2. Lonely Saturday
3. In The Pines
4. Kansas City Southern
5. Give My Love To Marie
6. Sister Moon
8. Hear The Wind
9. Past Addresses
10. Silent Crusade