J Dilla The Shining on 2LP
James ‘J Dilla’ Yancey leaves behind an impression on Hip Hop that will last the test of time. A bridge between Hip Hop’s underground and mainstream, Dilla’s contributions ranged from single handedly defining Detroit Hip Hop as a founding member of Slum Village to providing his production talents to Common, D’Angelo, Busta Rhymes, Erykah Badu, A Tribe Called Quest, The Pharcyde, The Roots, Janet Jackson and Macy Gray.
2006's The Shining, his second solo outing and first full-length in five years, marked the reunion of J Dilla and BBE, who had released Welcome 2 Detroit, J Dilla’s debut album. The Shining serves as a true showcase of J Dilla’s many talents as not only a producer, but also as a rapper, singer and musician. Featured guests here include Busta Rhymes, Common, Pharoahe Monch, D’Angelo, Madlib, Black Thought, Medaphor aka MED, and Guilty Simpson.
J Dilla The Shining Track Listing:
1. Geek Down Feat. Busta Rhymes
2. E=MC2 Feat. Common
3. Love Jones
4. Love Feat. Pharoahe Monch
5. Baby Feat. Guilty Simpson & Madlib
6. So Far to Go Feat. Common & D’Angelo
1. Jungle Love Feat. MED & Guilty Simpson
2. Over the Breaks
3. Body Movin’ Feat. J. Rocc & Karriem Riggins
4. Dime Piece Feat. Dwele (Remix)
5. Love Movin’ Feat. Black Thought
6. Won't Do