Joe Lovano Quartets: Live At The Village Vanguard Vol. 2 on 2LP
Remastered and Reissued As Part of the Blue Note 75th Anniversary Vinyl Reissue Campaign
Originally released on Blue Note Records in 1995, Joe Lovano's Quartets: Live At The Village Vanguard was named Jazz Album of the Year by readers of Downbeat Magazine. Quartets was recorded during two appearances in 1994-1995 at the New York hot spot, ten months apart, and each featuring the tenor saxophonist with a different quartet.
Volume 2 was recorded in January 1995 and finds Lovano leading a fine quartet rounded out by Mulgrew Miller (piano), Christian McBride (bass) and Lewis Nash (drums). Blue Note is now reissuing the second of Lovano's Quartet concerts at the Village Vanguard on 2LP as part of their 75th anniversary vinyl initiative spearheaded by current President, Don Was.
"The Quartet with Mulgrew was more traditional, drawing on a repetoire of famous music, except for Sounds of Joy, which I wrote to play with Blackwell. We played that tune with more traditional harmonies here. This quartet reaches some beautiful heights in the classic tradition of swing and modern jazz." - Joe Lovano
Joe Lovano (tenor saxophone)
Mulgrew Miller (piano)
Christian McBride (bass)
Lewis Nash (drums)
• Remastered and reissued as part of the Blue Note 75th anniversary vinyl reissue campaign
• Vinyl initiative spearheaded by current Blue Note Records President, Don Was, to include 100 essential Blue Note albums
• Includes special Blue Note 75 vinyl sleeve that features album cover art for 75 Blue Note titles
• First run of vinyl to include Blue Note 75th logo on back of package
• Key to the Blue Note 75th anniversary vinyl reissue campaign is the creation of high quality audio at an affordable price
• Blue Note will celebrate their iconic artists and the history of the label with various events, digital initiatives, vinyl campaigns and more