John Lennon Lennon on Limited Edition 180g 9LP Box Set
First Collection of John Lennon's Solo Albums to be Released on Vinyl!
All 8 Albums Remastered in 2010 from the Original Analogue Tapes by Yoko Ono & Team of Engineers from Abbey Road Studios in London and Avatar Studios in New York
Each New Vinyl Master Cut from the 24bit/96k HD Digital Transfers by Sean Magee at the World Renowned Abbey Road Studios
John Lennon’s eight solo studio albums - John Lennon/Plastic Ono Band (1970), Imagine (1971), Some Time In New York City (1972), Mind Games (1973), Walls and Bridges (1974), Rock ‘n’ Roll (1975), Double Fantasy (1980) and Milk and Honey (1984) - re-mastered from their original analogue masters, have been newly cut to vinyl from 96k digital files for Lennon, a new 9LP boxed collection on heavyweight, 180-gram vinyl with faithfully replicated original album art.
To be released in June 2015 by Capitol/UMe, the collection’s albums are all out-of-print worldwide on vinyl, with the exception of previous LP re-masters of Imagine and Rock ‘n’ Roll which are in print in the United States. Lennon is the first complete collection of John Lennon’s solo studio albums to be released on vinyl, and the individual LPs will follow in August.
The albums were re-mastered from John Lennon’s original mixes in 2010 by Yoko Ono and a team of engineers, led by Allan Rouse at Abbey Road Studios in London and by George Marino at Avatar Studios in New York. The new vinyl masters were cut by Sean Magee at Abbey Road Studios and the LPs have been manufactured for the world by Optimal Media in Germany.
Each of the Lennon collection’s LPs is an authentic reproduction of its U.K. original, in its sound and visual presentation. In keeping with the original album artwork, Imagine contains reproductions of its two postcards, poster and inner bag, Some Time In New York City includes reproductions of its original postcard and inner sleeve, Walls and Bridges includes its sleeve with two fold-over flaps, an eight-page booklet and inner sleeve, and Mind Games, Double Fantasy and Milk and Honey also include reproductions of their original inner sleeves.
The re-mastered albums were released worldwide in 2010 on CD and for download purchase from all major digital retailers. The John Lennon Signature Box, released that year to commemorate Lennon’s 70th birthday, is a deluxe, 11CD and digital collection of the eight re-mastered albums, plus rare and previously unreleased recordings, and an EP of Lennon’s non-album singles.
John Lennon is one of the world’s most celebrated songwriters and performers of all time. Lennon has been posthumously honored with a Lifetime Achievement Grammy Award and two special BRIT Awards for Outstanding Contribution to Music, and he has been inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and the Songwriters Hall of Fame. In 2008, Rolling Stone ranked him in the Top 5 of the magazine’s “100 Greatest Singers of All Time” list.
• All 8 John Lennon studio albums were remastered in 2010 from the original analogue tapes by Yoko Ono and a team of engineers from Abbey Road Studios in London and Avatar Studios in New York
• These remasters are now being released on vinyl for the very first time
• Lennon is the first collection of John Lennon's solo albums to be released on vinyl, and the eight LPs will be released individually in August 2015
• Each new vinyl master has been cut from the 24-96 HD digital masters by Sean Magee at the world renowned Abbey Road Studios
• LPs are cut on heavyweight 180g audiophile vinyl and manufactured for the world by Optimal Media in Germany
• Each of the LPs within Lennon is an authentic reproduction of its original UK pressing, faithfully replicated to the smallest detail
• In keeping with the original album artwork:
- Imagine contains reproductions of its two postcards, poster and inner sleeve
- Some Time In New York City includes reproductions of its original postcard and inner sleeves
- Walls and Bridges includes its sleeve with two fold-over flaps, an eight-page booklet and inner sleeve
- Mind Games, Double Fantasy and Milk and Honey also include faithful reproductions of their original inner sleeves
• All brought together in an exquisite rigid slipcase box