John Mellencamp Performs Trouble No More: Live At Town Hall July 31, 2003 on LP
Newly Mixed & Mastered Vinyl Debut with Essay by Bob Merlis
John Mellencamp’s Trouble No More was originally issued in June 2003 and was received with universal critical acclaim and a No. 1 debut on Billboard’s Blues chart. Featuring Mellencamp and his band’s spirited takes on American folk and blues classics, including Robert Johnson’s “Stones In My Passway,” Son House’s “Death Letter,” Woody Guthrie’s “Johnny Hart,” Willie Dixon’s “Down In The Bottom,” Lucinda Williams’ “Lafayette,” and several others, the album was recorded and mixed in just 17 days, capturing the sessions’ bounding energy.
A month after the release, Mellencamp performed the acclaimed studio album, Trouble No More, plus additional songs, including stripped-down versions of his own “Small Town,” “Paper In Fire” and Pink Houses,” as well as Bob Dylan’s “Highway 61 Revisited” for a sold-out audience at New York’s Town Hall. In July 2014, the newly mixed and mastered concert recording, John Mellencamp Performs Trouble No More Live At Town Hall, will make its welcome debut on the vinyl format which highlights 10 performances from the legendary concert. Also includes a new essay by Bob Merlis.
John Mellencamp Performs Trouble No More - Live At Town Hall July 31, 2003 Track Listing:
1. Stones In My Passway (Robert Johnson)
2. Death Letter (Son House)
3. Joliet Bound (Kansas Joe McCoy)
4. Highway 61 Revisited (Bob Dylan)
5. Baltimore Oriole (Hoagy Carmichael/Paul Francis Webster)
6. Diamond Joe (John Mellencamp/Traditional)
7. Down In The Bottom (Willie Dixon)
8. Small Town (John Mellencamp)
9. Paper In Fire (John Mellencamp)
10. Pink Houses (John Mellencamp)