John Williams Star Wars: The Ultimate Vinyl Collection on 180g 11LP Box Set
The most acclaimed and enduring film music in Hollywood history, the original soundtracks of Star Wars Episodes I-VI will be reissued by Sony Classical in the definitive 180-gram 11LP box set - Star Wars: The Ultimate Vinyl Collection. All composed by the legendary five-time Oscar-winning composer, John Williams, this unique collector's set is being reissued in January 2016 after the latest chapter in the saga, Star Wars: The Force Awakens opens in theaters in December 2015.
Star Wars: The Ultimate Vinyl Collection includes each of the six film soundtracks – from Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace to Star Wars: Episode VI - Return of the Jedi – in deluxe gatefold sleeves faithfully replicating the original artwork. Audio was transferred from the original LP masters using the highest resolution (up to 192kHz/24bit) and pressed with heavy 180 gram vinyl. The five double-LP and one single LP sets are presented in a black, soft-touch laminated slipcase with an embossed, hot silver foil Star Wars logo, which includes a digital download card for one complete box set (all six soundtracks).
Since Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope was released in 1977, composer John Williams' scores have defined the soaring adventure for all six episodes in the saga. Williams won the Academy Award for Best Original Score for the series' first film and received Oscar nominations for Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back (1980) and Star Wars: Episode VI - Return of the Jedi (1983). His Star Wars music has also won four Grammy Awards, two BAFTA Awards and a Golden Globe. Williams continues his association with the Star Wars saga, composing the score for Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
• 180g 11LP box set
• Episode I: The Phantom Menace (2LP)
• Episode II: Attack of the Clones (2LP)
• Episode III: Revenge of the Sith (2LP)
• Episode IV: A New Hope (2LP)
• Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back (2LP)
• Episode VI: Return of the Jedi (LP)
• All composed by John Williams
• Audio transferred from original LP masters using the highest resolution (up to 192kHz/24bit)
• Deluxe gatefold sleeves faithfully replicating the original artwork
• Black, soft-touch laminated slipcase with an embossed, hot silver foil Star Wars logo
• Digital download card for one complete box set (all six soundtracks)