Little Richard The Complete Specialty And Vee-Jay Albums on Limited Edition Mono 5LP Box Set
When Little Richard recorded "Tutti Frutti" in 1955 at Cosimo's Studio in New Orleans with A&R man Bumps Blackwell, rock 'n' roll was taken to a thrilling new level. The pounding piano, the high voice and trills, and the sexually suggestive lyrics catapulted the former Richard Penniman to the top of the charts and to legendary status. And the pioneering hits just kept on coming with "Long Tall Sally," "Rip It Up," "Ready Teddy," "Lucille," "Send Me Some Lovin'," "Good Golly Miss Molly," "Jenny Jenny" and "Keep A-Knockin'.
This deluxe 5LP slipcase box set includes the entire output of studio albums recorded by Little Richard for the Specialty and Vee-Jay labels, each in their original mono mixes. The essential recordings represented here are: Here's Little Richard (1957), Little Richard (1958), The Fabulous Little Richard (1959), Little Richard Is Back (1964) and His Greatest Hits (1965). Each LP is housed in a sleeve jacket and the set comes complete with a 16-page booklet featuring new liner notes by journalist Bill Dahl, plus a treasure trove of photos.
• Limited Edition Mono 5LP Box Set
• Entire output of studio albums recorded by Little Richard for Specialty & Vee-Jay labels
• Featuring Here's Little Richard (1957), Little Richard (1958), The Fabulous Little Richard (1959), Little Richard Is Back (1964) & His Greatest Hits (1965)
• Each LP in a sleeve jacket
• 16-page booklet w/ new liner notes by journalist Bill Dahl plus a treasure trove of photos.
• Housed in a slip-case box