Live From The Archives Of 650 AM WSM Volume 1 - Various Artists on Numbered Limited Edition 2LP
Album of WSM In-Studio Performances from the Likes of Billy Dean, Rodney Crowell, the Del McCoury Band, Mark Wills, The Grascals, The Time Jumpers and More!
For the first time in its illustrious 87 year history, 650 AM WSM is releasing a compilation volume of live, in-station performances by world renowned artists and writers. 650 AM WSM, the iconic radio home of the legendary Grand Ole Opry – “The show that made country music famous” - has played a significant part in shaping the history of Country Music and these 16 performances, collectively represent what the station brand is all about. A brand that is loved and respected by millions of true music fans all over the world.
Live From The Archives features a heartfelt introduction from Country Music Hall of Famer Vince Gill, and rolls into live, one of a kind performances by some of the biggest songwriters and artists of our time including JD Souther, Rodney Crowell and Vince himself. This one-of-a-kind project begins and ends with Reba McEntire’s emotional induction of long-time WSM announcer Ralph Emery into the National Radio Hall Of Fame.
"A station with such historical value as WSM, should have great moments not only preserved but shared with fans all around the world," says WSM Program Director and the album's executive producer, Joe Limardi. "This album and future editions will ensure that and be another chapter in our legendary story. I hope true music fans enjoy this compilation of performances as much we did the first time we heard them."
About 650 AM WSM:
650 AM WSM’s first official broadcast day was October 5, 1925. The station is the radio home of the Grand Ole Opry, which has been broadcast live over the airwaves since its inception. WSM can be heard in 38 states on 650 AM and worldwide at wsmonline.com or the station's free mobile app. A weekly listing of all WSM programming is available on the station's website.
Live From The Archives Of 650 AM WSM Volume 1 - Various Artists Track Listing:
1. Introduction - Vince Gill
2. Ralph Emery's National Radio Hall of Fame Induction: Pt 1 - Ralph Emery & Reba McEntire
3. Nineteen Somethin' - Mark Wills
4. Stand By Your Man - Georgette Jones
5. Hello Lonely - Del McCoury Band
6. We Just Disagree - Billy Dean
7. Jesus Take The Wheel - Hillary Lindsey
8. Two Dozen Roses - Marty Raybon
9. It's A Great Day To Be Alive - Darrell Scott
10. Girlfriend Tonight - Elizabeth Cook
11. Together Again - The Time Jumpers
12. Last Train To Clarksville - The Grascals
13. Leaving Louisiana In The Broad Daylight - Rodney Crowell
14. Would You Go With Me - Shawn Camp
15. New Kid In Town - JD Souther
16. Ralph Emery's National Radio Hall of Fame Induction: Pt 2 - Ralph Emery & Reba McEntire