Love Black Beauty on Numbered 180g LP + 18-Page Book + Download
Previously Unreleased Lost Classic Available for the Very First Time!
Remastered by Dan Hersch / Mastered for Vinyl by Doug Sax
Black Beauty, the never-before-released masterpiece by Arthur Lee’s legendary band Love is making its first-ever official release in any format, anywhere! Chosen as one of Time Magazine’s most anticipated releases, critics are hailing the album as an instant classic. Black Beauty is that rarest of rock artifacts: an un-released, full-length studio album, from an undisputed musical genius. It represents the missing link in a catalog that also includes Forever Changes, the seminal 1967 Love album the New York Times called “one of the most affecting and beguiling albums of all time.”
With Black Beauty, Arthur Lee manages to combine searing ’70’s rock with gorgeous melodies and stellar songwriting – topped off by his most distinctive, snarling, soulful vocals ever. With unparalleled sound, and a wonderfully eclectic collection of songs, the album offers Love fans a rare glimpse into a previously undocumented phase of Arthur Lee’s career, while shining a light for new fans to discover the unique genius that is the music of Love.
David Fricke wrote about the album in Rolling Stone: “Black Beauty might have been received as a strong comeback for Lee, a turn to steamy R&B, with heavy-guitar punch - if it had come out.” High Moon Records is honored to finally grant Arthur Lee’s wish for Black Beauty to be available to music fans worldwide for the first time!
• 180-gram vinyl LP, packaged in state-of-the-art tip-on sleeve with 11” x 11” full-color, 28-page book with download card for high quality MP3s
• Extensive Black Beauty essay by Ben Edmonds (Creem, Rolling Stone, Mojo), featuring all-new interviews with band members, colleagues and close friends of Arthur Lee
• Abundant, never-before-seen Black Beauty-era photographs by Herbert Worthington, cover photographer of Fleetwood Mac’s Rumours
• Brilliantly re-mastered by multi-Grammy Award nominee Dan Hersch (Paul Simon, the Kinks, the Cars)
• Mastered for vinyl by multi-Grammy Award winner Doug Sax (Pink Floyd, Rolling Stones, The Who)
Love Black Beauty Track Listing:
1. Young & Able (Good & Evil)
2. Midnight Sun
3. Can’t Find It
4. Walk Right In
6. Beep Beep
7. Stay Away
8. Lonely Pigs
9. See Myself In You
10. Product Of The Times