Reissued for the first time on the format since the mid-80's, the four studio albums and live album from groundbreaking and influential art-rock/new wave band Minimal Compact are now available on 180 gram vinyl! Originally from Tel-Aviv, Minimal Compact emerged into the European new-wave scene after relocating to Amsterdam in the early eighties. Their first self-titled 12" released in 1981 was a refreshing take on contemporary new wave and post-punk led by their underground hit "Statik Dancin." Their true breakthrough was made a year later with debut full-length, One By One, exploring a distinguished Middle-Eastern sonic flavor with an angular and poignant guitar sound intersecting with hazy vocals.
Their second full album, Deadly Weapons, was released in 1984, and found Minimal Compact climbing independent charts with their 12" single "Next One Is Real" which gained heavy airplay in the alternative and new wave clubs. Their 1985 release and third album overall, Raging Souls, saw the band reaching new heights with the ethereal and somber 4AD-like singles "My Will" and "When I Go." The Figure One Cuts, their fourth and last studio effort released in 1987 and produced under the skillful hands of John Fryer (Depeche Mode, Cocteau Twins, Nine Inch Nails), was their most commercial new wave album with standout tracks such as "Nil Nil," "Inner Station" and "Piece of Green."
• Fourth album from the groundbreaking and influential art-rock/new wave pressed on 180g vinyl
• Includes standout tracks as "Nil Nil," "Inner Station" and "Piece of Green"
• First time reissued on vinyl since the late-80s / Available for the first time in the USA
• Produced by John Fryer (Depeche Mode, Cocteau Twins, Nine Inch Nails)
• Tip-on jacket with original artwork
• Limited to 500 units (worldwide)