Between 1989 and 1993, Mystifier released a rapid succession of definitive recordings that established the band as one of the most important to emerge from the Brazilian underground black and death metal scene. In 1992 Mystifier issued their lacerating 1992 debut Wicca which is universally regarded as one of the most extreme albums to ever grace the genre.
Guitarist/vocalist Armando Beelzeebubth then fired singer Meugninousouan and Asmodeus (ex-Hatred) was recruited to be the new vocalist and keyboardist. In that same time, Astaroth (ex-Calvary) joined the band on second lead guitar. The changes resulted in 1993's Goetia, nine hymns of bestiality and damnation and Mystifier's second pinnacle of South American black metal.
Now, Mystifier has signed with Greyhaze Records in a deal that initially involves the long awaited vinyl reissues of both Wicca and Goetia. Beelzebubth on the merger: “We are proud to license our first two albums to Greyhaze Records. Thanks to the support from the international underground, those two albums have become true hallmarks of Black Metal worldwide.”
Mystifier Goetia Track Listing:
1. Aleister Crowley And Ordo Templi Orientis
2. An Elizabethan Devil Worshipper's Prayer Book
3. The Sign Of The Unholy Cross
4. Caerimonia Sanguilentu (Goetia)
1. The Realm Of Antichristus
2. The True Story About The Doctor Faust's Pact With Mephistopheles
3. Cursed Excruciation / The Sinuous Serpent Of Genesis (Leviathan)
4. The Baphometic Goat Of Knights Templar In The 12th Century