O' Brother Where Art Thou?: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack - Various Artists on Picture Disc 2LP
It has been nearly fifteen years since one of the most unlikely success stories in music history occurred. That being the soundtrack for the Coen Brothers' critically acclaimed 2000 film O' Brother, Where Art Thou? starring George Clooney which single handedly rocketed bluegrass, roots and even Americana music from the 20th Century into the new millennium.
Produced by 12-time Grammy Award and Academy Award-winner T Bone Burnett, the original O' Brother, Where Art Thou? soundtrack shot to No.1 on the Billboard Top 200 and Country charts and became a bona fide musical phenomenon, despite scant radio airplay. Most of the scenes in the film are set to powerful period songs which move the story along and give the movie its wonderful authentic feel.
Featuring musical contributions from the likes of Ralph Stanley, John Hartford, Emmylou Harris, Alison Krauss, and Gillian Welch, the soundtrack earned a Grammy award for Album of the Year, plus additional hardware for “I Am A Man Of Constant Sorrow” performed by Dan Tyminski, Harley Allen and Pat Enright, and “O Death” by the legendary Dr. Ralph Stanley. The O Brother, Where Art Thou? soundtrack stands as one of the 10 top-selling soundtracks of all time and the 17th biggest album of the 21st Century, with more than nine million albums sold.
O Brother, Where Art Thou? - Original Motion Picture Soundtrack Track Listing:
1. Po Lazarus - James Carter and the Prisoners
2. Big Rock Candy Mountain - Harry McClintock
3. You Are My Sunshine - Norman Blake
4. Down To The River To Pray - Alison Krauss
5. I Am A Man Of Constant Sorrow - The Soggy Bottom Boys
6. Hard Time Killing Floor Blues - Chris Thomas King
7. I Am A Man Of Constant Sorrow - Norman Blake
8. Keep On The Sunny Side - The Whites
9. I’ll Fly Away - Alison Krauss and Gillian Welch
10. Didn’t Leave Nobody But The Baby - Emmylou Harris, Alison Krauss & Gillian Welch
1. In The Highways - Sarah, Hannah and Leah Peasall
2. I Am Weary (Let Me Rest) - The Cox Family
3. I Am A Man Of Constant Sorrow - John Hartford
4. O Death - Ralph Stanley
5. In The Jailhouse Now - The Soggy Bottom Boys
6. I Am A Man Of Constant Sorrow - The Soggy Bottom Boys
7. Indian War Whoop - John Hartford
8. Lonesome Valley - Fairfield Four
9. Angel Band - The Stanley Brothers