Second Phase of Deluxe Vinyl Re-issues Following 2015's PG1-4!
Half Speed Remastered and Cut to Lacquers at 45RPM, Across 2 x Heavyweight LPs
Peter Gabriel's iconic So (1986) album features as part of the second phase of vinyl re-issues that sees all three of his two-letter word titled albums: So, US and UP, get the same meticulous re-issue treatment as 2015's PG1-4. The album has been half-speed remastered and cut to lacquers at 45RPM, across 2 x heavyweight LPs, to deliver maximum dynamic range in the sound.
The vinyl was cut by Matt Colton at Alchemy Mastering, mastered by Tony Cousins at Metropolis and overseen by Peter's main sound engineer Richard Chappell. Gatefold sleeves utilize imagery from the original LP inner bags and all images are newly re-scanned. The album also contains a download card with a choice of digital download (Hi-Res 24bit/96k or 16bit/44.1k). The album is a limited edition and individually numbered.
The first of Gabriel's studio albums to have a proper title, So was a watershed release with its perfect marriage of the artistic and the commercial. The album, produced by Daniel Lanois and nominated for the Grammy Award for Album of the Year, features intriguing collaborations with the likes of Laurie Anderson, Kate Bush and Youssou N'Dour and contains some of Peter's most recognizable and popular songs ("In Your Eyes," "Red Rain," "Sledgehammer," "Big Time").
“It has been heart warming to see the return of vinyl. Even though I loved being free of its limitations in the digital world, there is still a warmth and presence to vinyl that somehow makes it a more natural human companion. It is great to see a new generation learning the secrets of the grooves.” – Peter Gabriel
"Even if you have the originals, as an audiophile, you need to check out these new super editions." – Hi Fi World
• Second phase of deluxe Peter Gabriel vinyl re-issues following 2015's PG1-4
• Half-speed remastered and cut to lacquers at 45RPM, across 2 x heavyweight LPs
• Cut by Matt Colton at Alchemy Mastering, mastered by Tony Cousins at Metropolis & overseen by Peter's main sound engineer Richard Chappell
• Gatefold sleeves utilize imagery from the original LP inner bags & all images are newly re-scanned
• Also contains a download card with a choice of digital download (Hi-Res 24bit/96k or 16bit/44.1k)
• Limited edition and individually numbered