Second Phase of Deluxe Vinyl Re-issues Following 2015's PG1-4!
Half Speed Remastered and Cut to Lacquers at 45RPM, Across 3 x Heavyweight LPs w/ Side 6 Etching
Peter Gabriel's US (1992) album features as part of the second phase of vinyl re-issues that sees all three of his two-letter word titled albums: So, US and UP, get the same meticulous re-issue treatment as 2015's PG1-4. The album has been half-speed remastered and cut to lacquers at 45RPM, across 3 x heavyweight LPs, to deliver maximum dynamic range in the sound. There is music on five sides and an etching on the sixth.
The vinyl was cut by Matt Colton at Alchemy Mastering, mastered by Tony Cousins at Metropolis and overseen by Peter's main sound engineer Richard Chappell. Gatefold sleeves utilize imagery from the original LP inner bags and all images are newly re-scanned. The album also contains a download card with a choice of digital download (Hi-Res 24bit/96k or 16bit/44.1k). The album is a limited edition and individually numbered.
US is one of Gabriel’s most personal and confessional records as he explored and dissected many of the relationship problems he was facing at that time. But US is far from being bleakly introspective featuring several songs that have gone on to be amongst the most cherished in the Gabriel songbook including "Digging in the Dirt" and "Steam."
“It has been heart warming to see the return of vinyl. Even though I loved being free of its limitations in the digital world, there is still a warmth and presence to vinyl that somehow makes it a more natural human companion. It is great to see a new generation learning the secrets of the grooves.” – Peter Gabriel
"Even if you have the originals, as an audiophile, you need to check out these new super editions." – Hi Fi World
• Second phase of deluxe Peter Gabriel vinyl re-issues following 2015's PG1-4
• Half-speed remastered and cut to lacquers at 45RPM, across 3 x heavyweight LPs w/ Side 6 etching
• Cut by Matt Colton at Alchemy Mastering, mastered by Tony Cousins at Metropolis & overseen by Peter's main sound engineer Richard Chappell
• Gatefold sleeves utilize imagery from the original LP inner bags & all images are newly re-scanned
• Also contains a download card with a choice of digital download (Hi-Res 24bit/96k or 16bit/44.1k)
• Limited edition and individually numbered