Ray Brown And Laurindo Almeida Moonlight Serenade on Limited Edition 180g Import LP
Featuring High End Analog Remastering!
Cut from the Original Direct To Disc LP!
Recorded in Germany in 1981, Moonlight Serenade finds American bass player Ray Brown and Brazilian virtuoso guitarist Laurindo Almeida pairing up as an acoustic duo on a set of Tin Pan Alley standards, Brazilian songs and classical numbers. The two respecitve music legends set the tone from the get go with an ambitious opening medley of Beethoven's "Mondsheinsonate" and Thelonious Monk's "Round About Midnight," exhibiting a keen chemistry that is carried througout the excellent 9-song set.
Featuring high end analog remastering, this vinyl pressing from Clearaudio was recorded from the original direct-to-disc copies of the Jeton D2D LPs on a killer Clearaudio Master Reference turntable with a Master TQ-I tonearm and Insider Reference Cartridge to tape, and then remastered to 180g pure virgin vinyl LP!
- High End Analog Remastering
- 180g pure virgin vinyl
- Cut from the original Direct-to-Disc LP
- Limited Edition
- Ray Brown (bass)
- Laurindo Almeida (guitar)
Ray Brown And Laurindo Almeida Moonlight Serenade Track Listing:
1. Mondsheinsonate/Round About Midnight (Beethoven/Thelonius Monk)
2. Samba De Angry (Tamar Burdett)
3. Beautiful Love (Haven Gillespie/Wayne King/Egbert Van Alstyne/Victor Young)
4. Air On A 'G'-String (J.S. Bach)
5. Malaguena (Ernesto Lecuona)
6. Blue Skies (Irving Berlin)
7. Make The Man Love You (Traditional)
8. Inquietacao (Ari Barroso)
9. My Man Is Gone (Ira Gershwin/George Gershwin/Dubose Heyward)