Robert Gordon With Link Wray Fresh Fish Special on 180g Import LP
Robert Gordon's two Private Stock LPs with the legendary Link Wray - Robert Gordon With Link Wray (1977) and Fresh Fish Special (1978) - were the best rockabilly revival records because they created something new from the ashes of rockabilly. It wasn't revivalism to either artist - it was new music with all the energy and edginess of new music, rooted in rockabilly's timeless truths.
During the sessions for the second LP, Bruce Springsteen even contributed a song, "Fire," that he'd written for Elvis. He also played piano on the session, too. This was the age of punk and new wave, and Robert's music not only made believers of those who didn't think any great records had been made since 1957, but made converts of kids who were grooving to Blondie, the Ramones, and the other big acts of the time.
Bear Family is pleased to reissue Robert Gordon and Link Wray's two long out of print Private Stock collaborations on direct metal mastered 180g vinyl as part of their new series. Each LP also contains at least one bonus track.
• Americana classics from the ‘70s, ‘80s and ‘90s, now back on LP
• Hailed as great records at the time, the albums in Bear Family’s new series are now acknowledged as Americana classics
• And they’re back after long absences
• Even better, they’re back on LP - the medium for which most of them were intended
• Better still, the pressing quality and re-mastering is limited-run twenty-first century quality, not to forget the superior quality gatefold sleeves
Robert Gordon With Link Wray Fresh Fish Special Track Listing:
1. The Way I Walk
2. Red Cadillac And A Black Moustache
3. If This Is Wrong
4. Five Days, Five Days
6. Sea Cruise (single version bonus track)
7. I Want To Be Free
8. Twenty Flight Rock
9. Sea Cruise
10. Lonesome Train (On A Lonesome Track)
11. Blue Eyes (Don't Run Away)
12. Fire (single version bonus track)