Roy Orbison One Of The Lonely Ones on 180g LP
Newly Discovered, Never-Before-Heard 1969 Big O Album!
Recorded between January and August of 1969, One of the Lonely Ones is a great, newly discovered Roy Orbison studio album. Kicking it off is a sensational version of "You'll Never Walk Alone," the Rodgers and Hammerstein classic that charted for Britain's Gerry & the Pacemakers in 1965. The Roy penned, guitar-heavy, "Child Woman, Woman Child" can be considered the musical younger sister of "Oh, Pretty Woman." And ten other never before heard Roy tracks – what more can one say? A lost treasure found! One of the Lonely Ones was transferred from the original tape at the famed Blackbird Studio in Nashville, TN and the tracks were individually mixed by Chuck Turner (whose credits include Johnny Cash, Dolly Parton, Alison Krauss and Marty Stuart) at the Cash Cabin under Alex Orbison's supervision. Finally, the restored-to-stereo tracks were put in the capable hands of Richard Dodd for mastering.
• 180-gram vinyl
• Newly discovered, never-before-heard 1969 Roy Oribison album
• Recorded between January and August of 1969
• Recently discovered by Roy's sons
• Transferred from the original tape at the famed Blackbird Studio in Nashville, TN
• Tracks individually mixed by Chuck Turner at the Cash Cabin under Alex Orbison's supervision
• Restored-to-stereo tracks mastered by Richard Dodd