Simon and Garfunkel Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme on LP
Simon and Garfunkel's classic albums Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme and Bookends, released in 1966 and 1968 respectively, marked the duo's emergence as both a brilliant creative force and one of their era's biggest-selling recording acts.
The pair's third album Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme was the first on which they won complete artistic control, and they rose to the occasion brilliantly, delivering an ambitious, autumnal epic that's been described as a folk-rock equivalent of the Beatles' Revolver and the Beach Boys' Pet Sounds. Combining fuzz-tinged pop and pastoral baroque-folk with the duo's heavenly harmonies, Paul Simon's heady wordplay and some imaginatively layered production touches, the album features such Simon and Garfunkel standards as "Homeward Bound," "Scarborough Fair" and "The 59th Street Bridge Song (Feelin' Groovy)."
Sundazed's exact vinyl replica of this harmony-rich classic is sourced from the original stereo master tapes, making this release an essential component of any '60s pop/rock collection.
Simon and Garfunkel Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme Track Listing:
1. Scarborough Fair/Canticle
4. Homeward Bound
5. The Big Bright Green Pleasure Machine
6. The 59th Street Bridge Song (Feelin' Groovy)
7. The Dangling Conversation
8. Flowers Never Bend With the Rainfall
9. A Simple Desultory Philippic (Or How I Was Robert McNamara'd Into Submission)
10. For Emily, Whenever I May Find Her
11. A Poem on the Underground Wall
12. 7 O'Clock News/Silent Night