Sunset Boulevard: Classic Film Scores For Franz Waxman on Numbered Limited Edition 180g 45RPM 2LP
Mastered by Bernie Grundman from the Original Analog Master Tapes & Pressed at RTI!
Only 2500 Numbered Limited Edition Copies Worldwide!
Charles Gerhardt conducts the National Philharmonic Orchestra on a series of musical highlights from many of Franz Waxman's most acclaimed film scores including Sunset Boulevard, Prince Valiant, A Place in the Sun, Bride of Frankenstein, Old Acquaintance, Rebecca, The Philadelphia Story and Taras Bulba. Recorded by the legendary Kenneth Wilkinson at Kingsway Hall in London, England.
Charles Gerhardt's Classic Film Scores series re-introduced moviegoers to orchestral scores and helped usher the modern era of film music. Using the original orchestrations, heard in rich stereo sound, Gerhardt and the National Philharmonic Orchestra recreated the great moments from the legendary scores of Hollywood's most memorable films.
Composer Franz Waxman won the Academy Award in 1950 for his score to Billy Wilder's Sunset Boulevard and in 1951 for George Stevens' A Place in the Sun. For over half a century, he was the only composer to have won the award for Best Score in two successive years. Now material from both of those scores and more has been newly remastered by Bernie Grundman on his completely upgraded all analogue mastering system and reissued on audiophile 180g 45RPM 2LP for the very first time!
- Franz Waxman (composer)
- Charles Gerhardt (conductor)
- National Philharmonic Orchestra
- 180g 45RPM 2LP Pressing from ORG
- Mastered by Bernie Grundman from the Original Analog Master Tapes & Pressed at RTI
- Only 2500 Numbered Limited Edition Copies Worldwide
- Deluxe Laminated Double Gatefold Jackets
Sunset Boulevard: Classic Film Scores For Franz Waxman Track Listing:
1. Suite (from Prince Valiant)
2. Suite (from A Place in the Sun)
3. The Creation of the Female Monster (from the Bride of Frankenstein)
4. Suite (from Sunset Boulevard)
5. Elegy (from Old Acquaintance)
6. Suite (from Rebecca)
7. Suite (from The Philadelphia Story)
8. The Ride to Dubno (from Taras Bulba)