Good Vibrations: Stellar Mono Vinyl LP Reissue of Beach Boys' Smiley Smile Mastered by Kevin Gray, Pressed at QRP, and Features Original Mono Mixes Created Under Brian Wilson's Supervision
Good vibrations continue unabated on Analogue Productions' 200g mono vinyl LP reissue of the Beach Boys' Smiley Smile. Mastered by Kevin Gray at Cohearent Audio from the best possible sources, pressed and plated at QRP, and presented in an "old style" Stoughton Printing tip-on jacket, this analog edition features the original mono mixes created under Brian Wilson's direct supervision. The 1967 album has never looked or sounded better.
Following the breakdown of Smile, intended as the highly anticipated follow-up to their 1966 opus Pet Sounds, the Beach Boys issued the rather lo-fi and sparely arranged album Smiley Smile. A singular work in the band's revered canon, Smiley Smile has gone on to cult classic status and is home to such favorites as the No. 1 hit "Good Vibrations" and the mini-opera "Heroes and Villains."
• 200g Mono LP
• Original mono mixes created under Brian Wilson's supervision
• Mastered by Kevin Gray at Cohearent Audio
• Lacquer plating by Gary Salstrom
• Pressed at Quality Record Pressings
• "Old school" Stoughton tip-on jackets
• Audio Production - Mark Linett
• For Brother Records - Elliott Lott