The Hot Club Of San Francisco Yerba Buena Bounce on 200g 45RPM 2LP from Reference Recordings
Recorded by Multi-Grammy-Nominated "Prof." Keith Johnson at Fantasy Studios!
Half-Speed Mastered 45RPM 200g Double Vinyl by Paul Stubblebine!
Pressed at Quality Record Pressings/Housed in a Deluxe Stoughton Gatefold Jacket
With Yerba Buena Bounce, its tenth album, The Hot Club of San Franciso confirms its reputation as America's longest-running and finest gypsy jazz ensemble. Inspired explorations of Django Reinhardt's tunes, originals and more, are captured here on glorious sounding half-speed mastered 200g 45RPM 2LP.
The Hot Club of San Francisco is a quintet of accomplished and versatile musicians who celebrate Django Reinhardt's and Stephane Grappelli's renowned Hot Club de France. The ensemble borrows the all-string instrumentation of three guitars, violin and bass from the original Hot Club, but breathes new life into the music with innovative arrangements of classic tunes and original compositions from the group's superb lead guitarist, Paul Mehling. Hearing the ensemble takes the listener back to the 1930s and to the small, smoky jazz clubs of Paris. The music of The Hot Club of San Francisco has entranced audiences around the globe for more than a decade.
Mandolinist David Grisman, father of Dawg music and good friend of The Hot Club, makes a special guest appearance on two tracks. The set is further enhanced by bandoneon virtuoso Seth Asarno, and two
bonus tracks feature the quintet augmented by three Dixieland horns!
Recorded by multi-Grammy-nominated "Prof." Keith Johnson at Fantasy Studios in Berkeley, California, the Yerba Buena Bounce sessions benefited from the historic ambience, scene of hundreds of classic jazz and rock recordings. Using his own custom-built microphones and electronics (as always), Johnson was able to utilize some of Fantasy's unique facilities, such as a legendary echo chamber, to add luster to his always life-like soundscapes.
"It's the synergies, combination of highly competent execution, accessibility and the fact that they swing harder than anyone else out there that make The Hot Club of San Francisco the Count Basie of gypsy Swing." - Monterey Jacques, Djangology.net
"Tremendous playing on a variety of wild Gypsy swing songs." - Mike Holmes, Epinions.com
"San Francisco has the earned reputation as a city that is unique and goes its own independent direction. I think that can also be said of the Hot Club of San Francisco, a creative band that masters Gypsy Jazz, but gives it new shape, sound, and inspiration on this entertaining release." - Harvey Barkan, L.A. Jazz Scene
"The impression that the musicians are there in the room, full-sized, is downright eerie. That and the lively swing of these fine musicians make this recording a must-have." - Rejskind, Ultra High Fidelity
The Hot Club Of San Francisco Yerba Buena Bounce Track Listing:
1. Mystery Pacific - Django Reinhardt/Stéphane Grappelli
2. Hot Lips - Henry Busse/Lon Davis/H.W. Lange
3. I’m Happy Just To Dance With You - John Lennon/Paul McCartney with Seth Asarno, bandoneon
4. Sway - Norman Gimbel/R.P. Rosas with David Grisman, mandolin
5. Number Two - Paul Mehling
6. Souvenir de Villingen - Stéphane Grappelli
7. Tickle Toe - Lester Young
8. Black and White - Django Reinhardt/Stéphane Grappelli
1. Rythme Futur - Django Reinhardt
2. Lullabye - Paul Mehling with David Grisman, mandolin; Seth Asarno, bandoneon
3. Yerba Buena Bounce- Paul Mehling
4. Stardust - Hoagy Carmichael/Mitchell Parish
5. Borneo - Walter Donaldson
6. Georgia Cabin - Sidney Bechet
7. Improvisation #2 - Django Reinhardt
8. Some Of These Days (Jam) - Brooks Shelton