The Rat Pack Live At The Sands on 180g 2LP
Legends of the 20th Century, idols of the music industry, superstars of the movies, Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin and Sammy Davis Jr. are above all renowned worldwide for their talented voices. Their unique contribution to 20th Century popular music is second to none. Frank, Sammy and Dean all received critical praise quite late in their careers and it wasn’t until the late-50s and early-60s that they found universal acclaim.
Recorded in 1963, The Rat Pack Live At The Sands features one of the great 'Summit' performances, which originated during the supergroup's stay in Las Vegas, Nevada during their filming of Ocean’s Eleven. The 24-track affair showcases the many talents of Ol' Blue Eyes, The King of Cool and Mister Show Business, who not only take their respective solo turns here, but also join forces in song as well.
With healthy doses of their signature material like "Luck Be A Lady" and "The Lady Is A Tramp," unbridled comedy, and the profound camaraderie which informs it all, Live At The Sands is a wonderful document of show business' golden age!
The Rat Pack Live At The Sands Track Listing:
1. Fanfare And Introduction
2. Medley: Drink To Me Only With Thine Eyes/I Don't Care If The Sun Don't Shine/I Love Vegas (Paris)
4. June In January
6. Via Veneto
7. Medley: Volare (Nel Blu, Dipinto Di Blu)/An Evening In Roma
8. Introduction: Ring-A-Ding Ding (Instrumental)
9. I Only Have Eyes For You
10. Call Me Irresponsible
11. My Heart Stood Still
12. Please Be Kind
13. I Have Dreamed
14. Luck Be A Lady
2. Medley: Marianne/Dance With A Dolly/You Are Too Beautiful/You Made Me Love You/Carolina In The Morning/Beautiful Dreamer/Dancing With Tears In My Eyes/Maria/Try A Little Tenderness/What Is This Thing Called Love
3. The Lady Is A Tramp
4. All The Way (Impressions)
6. Guys And Dolls
7. The Oldest Established (Permanent Floating Crap Game In New York)
9. The Oldest Established (Permanent Floating Crap Game In New York) (Reprise)
10. Closing: Ring-A-Ding Ding (Instrumental)